Johnny Hiland is one of those great guitar players who sound good playing anything. Though he is known to be an amazing country chicken picker, he has done G3 tours with Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson - he's highly respected as just a great guitar player. Johnny is also nearly totally blind - and as such has developed an amazing ear for great tone.
When I talked to Johnny about helping me design a pedal, I was ecstatic about it - here is a guy that has what many consider amazing guitar tone no matter the type of music and I was able to get to design a pedal with him that 100% nails his exact idea of great guitar tone.
* High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
* Completely true bypass
* Super bright LED
* Controls: volume, gain1, gain 2, presence, bass, treble
* Each gain controls a different frequency spectrum
* Very pick responsive - play light and it's clean, dig into the strings and it gets nice and dirty
* Very versatile - low gain, high gain, tons of eq options
* Smooth and tight distortion
* Sounds great with a tube OR solid state amp
* Sounds great at low OR high volumes
* Powder coated durable finish